Each visit to the Blaine Wetland Sanctuary is new and different based on weather, season, water levels, wildlife, flowering plants, and more. When it comes to visiting the Blaine Wetland Sanctuary with your students, please consider the following options.
Teacher Led Hiking of BWS Boardwalk
- FREE – just call or email to reserve your date and time
- email@example.com or 763-785-6164
- Open all seasons
- Less busy weekdays
- Most educational groups allow 60-90 minutes to hike the boardwalk, across the islands, to the overlook and back.
- Bus parking lot off of Lexington Avenue
- Standards based curriculum (NGSS and MN) and maps available FREE now from City of Blaine
- Interpretives signs and scientist stories coming soon!
- Combine your field trip with playtime at the Lexington Athletic Complex.
Naturalist Led Hike with eSTEM Activities at BWS
- Standards-based curriculum (NGSS and MN) with eSTEM engineering design challenges led by Growing Green Hearts naturalist and licensed science teacher, Heidi Ferris
- Available for group sizes 10 to 150
- Larger groups use rotating stations of up to 30 student per group
- Weekdays, all seasons
- Contact Heidi Ferris at Growing Green Heart Opens a New Window. s for pricing and to save your date
- All engineering design and water quality testing materials included
Teacher Training at BWS, Teacher-led Field Trip
- Teachers experience BWS then embed BWS into your curriculum for kids
- 1 hr environmental STEM curriculum training at your school with 1 hour nature hike at BWS for teacher teams led by Growing Green Hearts eSTEM expert, naturalist, and licensed science teacher, Heidi Ferris
- FREE standards-based curriculum and eSTEM activities specific to BWS, adaptable to your age group
- Coaching on interdisciplinary connections to meet your needs
- Contact Heidi Ferris at Growing Green Heart Opens a New Window. s
- Teacher training materials included