Main Street (125th Avenue) and Jefferson Street
Land use approvals have been granted by the City Council and grading work is underway. An administrative site plan application has been received for the grocery store, gas station and convenience store, and car wash, but has not been approved. Building permit applications have not been made.
A final floor plan for the layout of the store has not been submitted.
A development plan for a 40 acre parcel at Jefferson and 125th has been proposed that includes a Hy-Vee grocery store, convenience store, gas station and car wash near Jefferson Street. A concept plan for the remaining portion of the development shows additional retail space and multifamily housing. No specific proposal has been made for the retail building or multifamily housing. The development of those portions of the project will require approval by the city council.
- May 2018: Comprehensive plan amendment to change the land use designation for the parcel to High Density Residential/Planned Commercial
- August 2018: A neighborhood meeting was held regarding the project. Residents voiced concerns about the extension of Jefferson Street and connection with 121st Avenue, traffic, parking at Happy Acres Park, access and interaction with school traffic, sidewalks, and landscaping.
- September - November 2018: The planning commission and city council approved rezoning the parcel to Planned Business District, a plat to create new parcel lines and a conditional use permit to allow for the construction of a grocery store, convenience store, gas station, and car wash.
- October 2019: Earthwork began at the site which will continue through March 2020. Grading work will prepare the entire site for development.
- Spring 2020: Construction of the grocery store, convenience store, gas station, and car wash are anticipated to begin.
- Summer 2020: The Jefferson Street road extension and other traffic improvement modifications will likely occur in the summer of 2020. Per the project approval, opening the connection of this road to traffic into and out of the Crescent Ponds neighborhood cannot occur until the grocery store opens.
08/14/2 Opens a New Window.