18-18: Clover Leaf Parkway Area Reconstructions
Project Update - September 20, 2019
- Final restoration was completed during the week of September 9.
- Pavement markings will be placed in the next coming weeks.
Clover Leaf Parkway
- Curb and gutter is scheduled to be installed on September 23-25. The contractor will direct one lane of traffic for the construction of the new curb and gutter.
- Driveway aprons and remainder of sidewalk is scheduled to be installed on September 26-27.
- The base course layer of bituminous from Ulysses Street to Polk Street is scheduled to be paved on October 4.
- Final restoration and bituminous wear course is scheduled for the middle of October.
Clover Leaf Parkway Closure from Highway 65 to Ulysses Street
A road closure will be in place Oct. 7 - Oct. 21 between Ulysses Street and Highway 65 to complete the remaining curb and gutter, and bituminous in this area.
This road closure is tentatively scheduled to be for two weeks. Please note this schedule is weather dependent and subject to change.
Phase 1 of the project consists of reconstructing 93rd Lane NE from Highway 65 to Isanti Street NE. Phase 1 of the project expected to begin construction on Friday, June 28 with the construction anticipated to last until mid-August. Phase 2 (Clover Leaf Parkway NE from Highway 65 to Polk Street NE) is tentatively scheduled to be started at the end of July and completed in late October. Please note these schedules are subject to change.
The general construction process is as follows:
- The existing pavement surface will be ground up into gravel.
- Underground storm sewer utility work will be constructed where planned.
- The gavel road base will be graded and shaped and concrete curb and gutter will be removed and replaced where concrete curb and gutter already exists (Clover Leaf Parkway NE and 93rd Lane NE from Highway 65 to Baltimore Street NE).
- After the concrete curb and gutter has cured, the first layer (base course) of the new bituminous street surface will be paved.
- The second layer (wear course) of the bituminous pavement will be paved.