MnDOT I-35W North MnPASS Project
I-35W from Ramsey County Road C in Roseville to Sunset Avenue (Anoka County Road 53) on the border of Blaine and Lino Lakes.
Starting in 2019, MnDOT will undertake an ambitious three-year project on I-35W from Roseville through Blaine. This project will construct a MnPASS express lane in each direction, repave I-35W and ramps between the interstate and local roads, and repair bridges between Ramsey County Road C in Roseville and Sunset Avenue (Anoka County Road 53) on the border of Blaine and Lino Lakes. The I-35W bridges over County Road C and County Road I will be replaced. MnDOT will build one MnPASS lane in each direction in the middle of existing I-35W between County Road C in Roseville and Lexington Avenue (Anoka County Road 17) in Blaine.
- Clearing of trees and brush begins for construction of noise walls.
- Removal of Right of Way fence in noise wall areas along the interstate.
- Temporary widening of NB I-35W.
- Northbound traffic restricted to two lanes from County Road C to County Road H, and three lanes from County Road H to Lake Drive.
Late April/early May 2019
- Southbound traffic switched to northbound lanes (two lanes each direction) between Lake Drive and Sunset Avenue in Blaine/Lino Lakes.
Late May through November 2019
- Southbound I-35W switched to northbound roadway.
- Two lanes of traffic in each direction between County Road C in Roseville and County Road H, three lanes from County Road H to Lake Drive, and two lanes from Lake Drive to Sunset Avenue in Blaine/Lino Lakes.
- Motorists will encounter an auxiliary lane on NB I-35W between County Road E2 and County Road 96 to allow for safe access to I-694.
- Ramp from County Road C to SB I-35W will be closed.
- Ramp from SB I-35W to County Road I will be closed.
Note: There will be short term ramp closures throughout the summer and fall during nearby work. No two ramps in a row will close at the same time to allow for traffic to detour during construction.
- Construction moves to the middle of I-35W, detailed schedule to be added in the future.
- Complete all construction between Sunset Avenue and 95th Avenue in Blaine.
- Construction on east side of I-35W between 95th Avenue in Blaine and County Road C in Roseville, detailed schedule to be added in the future.