19-18: 2020 Street Reconstructions - Area 2
Project Update - 8/14/2020
During the week of August 17 the contractor will be:
- Finishing the subgrade excavations and aggregate base placement on Lincoln Street, Johnson Street, 132nd Avenue, and 131st Lane.
- Installing curb and gutter on 132nd Lane, Taylor Street, and Pierce Street starting Wednesday, August 19.
- Taylor Street from 129th Avenue to 132nd Lane
- Pierce Street from Taylor Street to 132nd Lane
- Lincoln Street from 131st Lane to 132nd Lane
- Johnson Street from 131st Lane to 132nd Lane
- 129th Avenue from Polk Street to Taylor Street
- 131st Lane from Lincoln Street to Central Avenue
- 132nd Lane from Taylor Street to Central Avenue
- 132nd Avenue from Johnson Street to Central Avenue
The project will fully reconstruct the above streets with new pavement and concrete curb and gutter and additional storm sewer catch basins at select locations. Watermain work will be generally limited to hydrant replacements and no sanitary sewer work is anticipated. The streets will remain the same width and configuration as they currently are. The general construction process is as follows:
- The existing pavement surface will be ground up into gravel and existing curb and gutter will be removed.
- Underground utility work will be constructed where planned.
- The gavel road base will be graded and shaped and new concrete curb and gutter will be poured.
- After the concrete curb and gutter has cured, the first layer (base course) of the new bituminous street surface will be paved.
- The second layer (wear course) of the bituminous pavement will be paved.
- Boulevards will be restored and sodded.
It is the goal of the project to keep access available at all times for those residents that take direct access off of the project streets but the road surface will be gravel during most of the project. There may be short term delays for access to or from your driveway or on the road where you may have to wait for the construction equipment to pass by. During curb and gutter installation and driveway apron replacement, there will be a period of days where residents will not be able to access their driveways and all parking must be done on street. Residents will receive notification prior to any driveway closures. The project is anticipated to take approximately four months to complete.