3.2 Malt - On-Sale Liquor
Minnesota State law regulates the sale and possession of alcohol. Businesses and organizations wishing to sell or serve beer, wine, and alcohol must be licensed by the city.
Obtaining a liquor license is a multi-step process. All new liquor license applications require a non-refundable investigation fee. The city’s license period is from July 1 through June 30.
Please submit all application materials and fees at least 90 days prior to when you desire to start serving liquor.
Review and Prepare
The following documents need to be available for upload during the online application process. Please note, documents need to be in a PDF format.
- Background Investigation Release Form (PDF)
- Driver's License Card
(color copy front only)
- Certificate of Liability Insurance
- Employee Training Policy
- Floor Plans of Establishment
- Food Establishment License from Anoka County
- Liquor Liability Insurance
- Sketch/Layout of Serving Area
- Retailers Buyer's Card (PDF)
(for liquor and wine)
- State AGED Certification Form (PDF)
- Application Fees
(payable online during application process)
- License Fee $400
- Background Fee $150
The following will need to be mailed to:
City of Blaine
10801 Town Square Drive NE
Blaine MN 55449
- Check for $20 payable to:
Alcohol and Gambling Enforcement Division
(this check will be sent to the State with the Retailers Buyer's Card Application)
Are you a new user?
If no, continue to step 3.
If yes, create an account.
New users to the system need to create an account. Please select create an account.Having trouble creating an account? Detail instructions are available here, iMS account creation information.
Once you have gathered the necessary documents above and have created an account, you are ready to begin the online application process.
Please note the following:
- Once the application is started, the system will not allow you to go back to a previous page, you must continue through the entire application.
- Once you have completed and uploaded all required documents, a review page allows you to go back and edit any part of the application.
- Any question or upload with a red asterisk (*) is required.
Review and Payment Process
- On Sale Liquor Application Fees
- License Fee $400
- Background Investigation Fee $150
- Fees are payable online during the application process, please have payment information ready.
- Application review takes up to 90 business days.