Project applications including:
- Preliminary Plat
- Conditional Use Permit
- Waiver of Platting, Variance
- Comprehensive Plan Amendment
- Development Agreement Release
Project Application Process in iMS
Review and Prepare
Before starting the application process, contact the Planning Department at 763-785-6180 to discuss your proposal. A planner will inform you of specific documents required for your application based on the nature of your request.
The following documents may need to be available for upload during the online application process. Please note, documents need to be in a PDF format (other accepted formats are DOC, DOCX, JPEG, and PNG).
- Project Narrative (all applications)
- Letter from Property Owner Authorizing the Application (PDF) (all applications)
Additional documents may include:
- Architectural Plans
(including elevations and floor plans)
- Civil Plans
- Landscape Plans
- Wetland Documentation
Please Note:Contractors applying for permits on behalf of a homeowner must setupan iMS Account and a Pro Accountbefore continuing with the permit process.
Are you a new user?
If no, continue to step 3 on the left.
If yes, create an account.
New users to the system need to create an account. Please select create an account.
Creating a New User in iMS and iMS TipsHaving trouble creating an account? Detail instructions are available here, iMS account creation information.
Already have an account?
Create a PRO Account
A PRO account is for contractors that require any city or state license or registration.
Please note, Architects are able to apply for a permit for new commercial buildings without being a PRO account.
Creating a Pro Account in iMS
Having trouble creating a PRO account? Detail instructions are available:
Once you have gathered the necessary documents above and have created an account, you are ready to begin the online application process.
Please note the following:
- Once the application is started, the system will not allow you to go back to a previous page, you must continue through the entire application.
- Once you have completed and uploaded all required documents, a review page allows you to go back and edit any part of the application.
- Any question or upload with a red asterisk (*) is required.
Review and Payment Process
- Project Application Fees
(depend on the approvals requested)
Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Applications must be submitted by the designated deadlines to be included on the upcoming Planning Commission agenda.
Planning Application Submittal Deadlines (PDF)
- Planning applications require approval of the City Council and usually require a public hearing before the Planning Commission.
- Communication regarding application status will be sent within 15 business days of submitting the application.