Temporary Sign Permit
Sign Application Process in iMS
Review and Prepare
Please review the following information.
- All temporary signs must be maintained and shall be removed if material shows signs of wear such as fraying, fading, chipping or other physical damage.
- Each site is allowed one feather style sign (maximum height of 18 feet and width of 3.5 feet) or banner sign with a maximum area of 32 square feet without a permit.
- New establishments may install temporary banner signs in the location of lawfully existing signs, not to exceed the size of the existing signs. These interim banner signs are permitted for 60 days or until permanent signs are erected, whichever is less.
- Each site is allowed 8 weeks of temporary signage, in excess of the allowances above, per year. New businesses are allowed an additional 2 weeks. In a multi-tenant space, all tenants will share the 8 weeks.
- Cost is $50 per 2 week period. Churches, schools and civic organizations are exempt from fees, but still need to obtain a permit and adhere to the allowable 8 weeks.
- Only on-site signage is allowed.
- Roof top signs are not permitted
No signs can be placed in the right-of-way.
The following information and documents are needed for upload during the online application process. Please note, documents need to be in a PDF format (other accepted formats are DOC, DOCX, JPEG, and PNG).
- Start Date and End Date for Proposed Temporary Sign
- Letter from Property Owner Authorizing the Application (PDF) (all applications)
- Temporary Sign Permit Application Fee - $50/two week period (due at time of application submittal)
Please Note:Contractors applying for permits on behalf of a homeowner must setupan iMS Account and a Pro Accountbefore continuing with the permit process.
Are you a new user?
If no, continue to step 3 on the left.
If yes, create an account.
New users to the system need to create an account. Please select create an account.
Creating a New User in iMS and iMS TipsHaving trouble creating an account? Detail instructions are available here, iMS account creation information.
Already have an account?
Create a PRO Account
A PRO account is for contractors that require any city or state license or registration.
Please note, Architects are able to apply for a permit for new commercial buildings without being a PRO account.
Creating a Pro Account in iMS
Having trouble creating a PRO account? Detail instructions are available:
Once you have gathered the necessary documents above and have created an account, you are ready to begin the online application process.
Please note the following:
- Once the application is started, the system will not allow you to go back to a previous page, you must continue through the entire application.
- Once you have completed and uploaded all required documents, a review page allows you to go back and edit any part of the application.
- Any question or upload with a red asterisk (*) is required.
Review and Payment Process
- Temporary Sign Permit Application Fee - $50/two week period
(due at time of application submittal)
- Fees are waived for religious institutions, schools,a nd civic organizations.
- Application Review Period - 3 Business Days