Temporary 3.2 Malt - On-Sale Liquor
Minnesota State law regulates the sale and possession of alcohol. Businesses and organizations wishing to sell or serve beer, wine, and alcohol must be licensed by the city.
Non-profit organizations may apply for a temporary beer or liquor license a maximum of 12 times per year. These licenses are good for one (1) to four (4) days and should be submitted 45 days prior to the event.
Review and Prepare
The following documents need to be available for upload during the online application process. Please note, documents need to be in a PDF format.
- Background Investigation Release Form (PDF)
- Driver's License Card
- Certificate of Liability Insurance
- State of MN Temporary On Sale Application
Are you a new user?If no, continue to step 3.
If yes, create an account.
New users to the system need to create an account. Please select create an account.
Having trouble creating an account? Detail instructions are available here, IMS account creation information.
Once you have gathered the necessary documents above and have created an account, you are ready to begin the online application process.
Please note the following:
- Once the application is started, the system will not allow you to go back to a previous page, you must continue through the entire application.
- Once you have completed and uploaded all required documents, a review page allows you to go back and edit any part of the application.
- Any question or upload with a red asterisk (*) is required.
Review and Payment Process
- Temporary Liquor License Application Fees
- License Fee $50
- Fees are payable online during the application process, please have payment information ready.
- Application review takes up to 45 business days.