- Step 1 - Review and Prepare
- Step 2 - Create an Account
- Step 3 - Apply
- Step 4 - Review and Payment
- Step 5 - Schedule an Inspection
Review and Prepare
Please review the following information packets:
Please Note:Contractors applying for permits on behalf of a homeowner must setupan iMS Account and a Pro Accountbefore continuing with the permit process.
Are you a new user?
If no, continue to step 3.
Please note, homeowner's
If yes, create an account.
New users to the system need to create an account. Please select create an account.
Having trouble creating an account? Detail instructions are available here, iMS account creation information.
Already have an account?
Create a PRO Account
A PRO account is for contractors that require any city or state license or registration.
Please note, Architects are able to apply for a permit for new commercial buildings without being a PRO account.
Having trouble creating a PRO account? Detail instructions are available:
Once you have gathered or emailed the necessary documents, you are ready to begin the online application process.
Please note the following:
- Once the application is started, the system will not allow you to go back to a previous page, you must continue through the entire application.
- Once you have completed and uploaded all required documents, a review page allows you to go back and edit any part of the application.
- Any question or upload with a red asterisk (*) is required.
Schedule an Inspection
When scheduling inspections, please plan at least three to four business days ahead.
Please note, during the busy construction months, longer delays may occur.
- Information needed before calling to schedule an inspection:
- Permit number.
- Address for the job site.
- Inspection type.
- If you are a homeowner,need the name of the contractor doing the work.
- Call Building Inspections at 612-422-3285 to schedule.
Roofing and Siding
- Ice and Water pictures for roofing and weather barrier pictures for siding need to be submitted to InspectPix@BlaineMN.gov.
- After roofing pictures are received, Building Inspections will automatically schedule a final roof inspection.
- An email email stating receipt of pictures and pending inspection will be sent.
- The inspector will sign-off the inspection card and leave the card at the job site.
- Once the plan has been reviewed, payment will be due and permit can then be picked up.
- When the permit has been paid and plans have been picked up, work and inspection scheduling can begin.