- Step 1 - Review and Prepare
- Step 2 - Create an Account/PRO
- Step 3 - Apply
- Step 4 - Review and Payment
- Step 5 - Schedule an Inspection
Review and Prepare
Please review the following documents:
The following documents need to be available for upload during the online application process. Please note, all documents need to be in a PDF format.
- Utility Disconnect Approval Form
- Demolition Site Clean-up
- Demolition/Renovation Notification
- Plans and Job Specifications
Along with uploading PDFs of plans and required submittals, two (2) full-size hard copies of all submittals is also required prior to plan review.
- Civil/Utilities Plans
Along with the PDF upload of civil/utilities plans, one (1) additional hard copy set is required when there is underground utility work prior to plan review.
- SAC Determination
This is to be turned into the Metropolitan Council 651-602-1421 (Required prior to issuance of permit).
- Sub-Contractor Contact List
Required to be completed on the online application prior to permit issuance.
Hard Copy Delivery
Deliver/mail hard copies of plans and other submittals to:
Blaine City Hall
Attn: Building Inspections
10801 Town Square Drive NE
Blaine MN 55449
- Permit Number (B20-00xx)
- Project Address (if known)
- Contact Information
Are you a new user?
Create an Account
New users to the system need to create an account. Please select create an account.
Having trouble creating an account? Detail instructions are available:
Already have an account?
Create a PRO Account
A PRO account is for contractors that require any city or state license or registration.
Please note, Architects are able to apply for a permit for new commercial buildings without being a PRO account.
Having trouble creating a PRO account? Detail instructions are available:
- When scheduling inspections, please plan at least three to four business days ahead.
- Please note, during the busy construction months longer delays may occur.
Information needed before calling to schedule an inspection:
- Permit number.
- Address for the job site.
- Inspection type.
- If you are the homeowner, the name of contractor doing the work is needed.
- Login to IMS Account and go to your dashboard.
- On your Dashboard, go to My Inspections.
- A list of required inspections can be viewed along with the instructions on how to schedule.
- All sub-contractors must be licensed before the permit will be issued.
- SAC determination must be back from Metropolitan Council before the permit will be issued.