It's amazing how much Parks and Recreation benefits our community. We benefit the Individual through:
- Eliminating boredom and loneliness
- Increasing self esteem and self reliance
- Instilling a sense of social belonging
- Providing a longer and healthier lifestyle
- Reducing the risk of stress-related diseases
We benefit the Community through:
- Connecting families
- Enhancing cultural understanding
- Reducing crime and delinquency
- Supporting people of all ages
We benefit the Economy through:
- Increasing tourism dollars
- Increasing and enhancing land and property values
- The retention of local businesses
- The reduction of vandalism and crime
We benefit the Environment through:
- Cleaner air
- Cleaner water
- Conserving our natural resources
- Preserving wildlife
- Protecting ecosystems
- Reducing pollution
Parks and Recreation does more than provide leisure venues and activities in the park, we also provide a "lifetime of memories."
- Digging in the sand under the slide?
- Fighting the ants while eating an outdoor picnic with your family?
- Hitting the game winning single?
- Meeting your friends at the park swing set?
Blaine Parks and Recreation is proud to be a part of these memories, and we look forward to offering more opportunities for your friends and family to live a longer and healthier life in our beautiful community.