Planning and Zoning
The Planning Department oversees all land development within the City of Blaine. Staff prepares and implements the Comprehensive Municipal Plan which guides:
- Land use
- Sewer extension
- Community facility improvements or anticipated changes
Planning staff prepare reports and make recommendations to the Blaine Planning Commission and the Blaine City Council for decisions regarding land development within the city.
Staff is available to answer questions on past, current, and future for the following:
- Building code changes
- Home occupations
- Business signage
- Variances to the codes
- Does the City have a list of local contractors or surveyors available?
- Does the City have a list of all homeowners associations in the City?
- Does the City have a list of all senior housing developments in the City?
- Does the City have a list of all apartment rental housing available within the City?
- Does the City have any financial assistance available for starting a new business?