Commercial Construction Permits
- How many sets of plans are required for permit submittal?
- Do plans need original signatures or are electronic signatures okay?
- Do plans need to be embossed by an architect and engineer?
- What is the current review period for drawings?
- What is the current review period for responses to the building department comments?
- Is express plan review available?
- Do permit drawings need to be submitted to any additional departments such as the Fire Marshal, State Review, etc.?
- Is a demolition permit available prior to the building permit?
- Does a general contractor need to be awarded prior to submittal for permit?
- Does the general contractor and/or subcontractor’s company name need to be entered in the permit application for the submittal to be accepted and plan review to begin?
- Once the general contractor is awarded for new building and addition permits, how are they added as the responsible party/applicant for the permit?
- Are insurance certificates or bonds required at the time of submittal? If so, by whom?
- Are separate applications required by the subcontractors? If so, by whom?
- Is landlord approval required for submittal? If so, at permit submittal or at permit issuance?
- Can we receive our permit without the landlord’s work being completed and approved?
- Are low voltage permits required?
- Are low voltage permit applications required at the time of building permit submittal for the release of the building permit?
- Do fire alarm and sprinkler drawings need to be submitted with the building permit application?
- Do the fire protection subcontractors need to prepare drawings, cut sheets, and calculations for building permit submittal?
- Can the submittal be mailed in?
- Can the submittal be made in person?
- Does the building department offer expedited services or work with any specific expeditors?
- Is a plan check fee do at the time of permit submittal?
- Are permit fees due at the time of submittal or permit pick up?
- Are there any additional fees to be aware of?
- What other items may be required prior to the building permit being issued?
- Current building codes being used: