Single Family Homes
- Step 1 - Review and Prepare
- Step 2 - Create an Account
- Step 3 - Apply
- Step 4 - Review and Payment
- Step 5 - Schedule an Inspection
Please review the following information packets:
The following documents need to be available for upload during the online application process. Please note, all documents need to be in a PDF format.
Please Note:Contractors applying for permits on behalf of a homeowner must setupan iMS Account and a Pro Accountbefore continuing with the permit process.
Are you a new user?
If no, continue to step 3 on the left.
If yes, create an account.
New users to the system need to create an account. Please select create an account.
Creating a New User in iMS and iMS TipsHaving trouble creating an account? Detail instructions are available here, iMS account creation information.
Already have an account?
Create a PRO Account
A PRO account is for contractors that require any city or state license or registration.
Please note, Architects are able to apply for a permit for new commercial buildings without being a PRO account.
Creating a Pro Account in iMS
Having trouble creating a PRO account? Detail instructions are available:
- When scheduling inspections, please plan at least three to four business days ahead.
- Please note, during the busy construction months longer delays may occur.
Information needed before calling to schedule an inspection:
- Permit number.
- Address for the job site.
- Inspection type.
- If you are the homeowner, the name of contractor doing the work is needed.
Login to IMS Account and go to your dashboard.
On your Dashboard, go to My Inspections.
- A list of required inspections can be viewed along with the instructions on how to schedule.
Fee & Permit Process
The fee for a new home permit is valuation based see the fee schedule.
- Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Review time is 10 business days. If everything is correct. It may be longer during heavy construction times.
- Once your plan has been reviewed you will be contacted by email to login and pay for your permit.
- When your permit has been paid for and you have the approved plans, you may start your work and schedule inspections.
- When scheduling Inspections please plan at least 2 - 3 business days out. During the busy construction months longer delays may occur.
- This is an all-inclusive permit. Building, utility-sewer, and water, mechanical, and plumbing permits are all included in this one permit. Electrical is by a separate permit through the State of MN.
- All sub-contractors must be licensed before the permit can be issued.
- If there are trees on the lot a forestry evaluation must be submitted with the plan. Tree fence and site inspection are required prior to issuance of building permit.
- Call or email Public Works at 763-785-6151 or PW@BlaineMN.gov, for an inspection. Please note that an inspection requires 48-hour notice. Tree preservation sign and tree preservation fence are required on-site. The Forestry Evaluation is required if there are clumps of trees or trees 8” in diameter or larger within fifty feet of all construction activity (such as house pad, driveway, septic system, or storage area of building materials). Refer to the tree preservation handout for more information.
- Building permits in the City of Blaine for new homes and townhomes are all-inclusive which means they include Plumbing and HVAC work (separate plumbing and mechanical permits are not required). If any gas work is to be done by the plumber (including a gas piping to a gas water heater), the general contractor will be asked list the plumbing contractor as the Gas Installer in the contacts field. For the general contractor to list the plumber as a gas installer, the plumbing contractor must first have added a City of Blaine mechanical license to their current plumbing pro account. If your plumber installs gas piping during new home and townhome builds, please be proactive to verify they have completed this so your permit process is not delayed.
Residential New Homes |
Certificate of Occupancy |
Residential Online Permits
Phone: 763-785-6170, Option 1
Or contact any of the staff members above with the contact information provided.