Requirements for Permit Application Submittal
- Application (PDF)
- Site Survey with location of addition-including setbacks to other building and property lines.
- 1 set of Plans-including:
- Footing and foundation details-material size, and depth. Foundation drainage method, Radon (if applicable), and insulation details should be listed.
- Plan view and cross sections of addition.
- Crawl space details - if applicable.
- Window details to include manufacturer, U-factors, and installation specifications.
- Water proofing and insulation details.
- Roofing information.
- Any other information that will be useful for plan review.
- NOTE: If the plans and details are not complete or information is missing the time to process your permit will be extended.
Permit and Plan Submittal Preferred Method
Email the application and supporting paperwork requested to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do not send a credit card authorization form, Building Inspections will contact you for payment method when the permit is approved.
How to Submit a Permit Application and Required Information
- Come to the counter between 8:00am and 4:30pm to drop off in person.
- Mail to:
Attn: Building Inspections
City of Blaine
10801 Town Square Drive NE
Blaine, MN 55449
Fee & Permit ProcessThe fee for an addition is valuation based see the fee schedule.
- Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Review time is 5 to 7 business days. During the busy construction months longer delays may occur.
- Once your plan has been reviewed you will be contacted to come pickup and pay for your permit.
- When your permit has been paid for and you have the approved plans, you may start your work and schedule inspections.
- When scheduling Inspections please plan at least 2 business day out. During the busy construction months longer delays may occur.
- With proper permits, it is permissible for the owner/occupant to complete most projects, however if you hire a contractor or sub-contractor, they are required to apply for any required permits. List them on the sub-contractor portion of the application.
- Additions Handout (PDF)
- Basic Wood Framing Handout (PDF)
- Building Plans Handout (PDF)
- Cold Weather Concrete Handout (PDF)
- Cutting Notching and Boring Handout (PDF)
- Fasteners Handout (PDF)
- Fire Blocking Handout (PDF)
- Footing Design Handout (PDF)
- Framing Tips Handout (PDF)
- Remodeling Permit Application (PDF)
- Residential Safety Glazing (PDF)
- Stairs Landings and Guardrails Handout (PDF)
- Truss to Wall Connections Handout (PDF)