Septic Tank Maintenance
If you have a septic system, a licensed Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) service provider must submit a Septic Tank Maintenance Reporting Form to the City of Blaine Inspections Department no less than once every three (3) years.
Completed forms can be:
- Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faxed to 763-785-6111
- Mailed to
Attn: Building Inspections Department
City of Blaine
10801 Town Square Drive NE
Blaine, MN 55449
- Dropped off at the Building Inspections Counter.
- Step 1 - Review and Prepare
- Step 2 - Create an Account
- Step 3 - Apply
- Step 4 - Review and Payment
- Step 5 - Schedule an Inspection
Review and Prepare
Please review the following information packets:
The following documents need to be available for upload during the online application process. Please note, all documents need to be in a PDF format.
Are you a new user?If no, continue to step 3.
If yes, create an account.
New users to the system need to create an account. Please select create an account.
Having trouble creating an account? Detail instructions are available here, IMS account creation information.
Once you have gathered or emailed the necessary documents, you are ready to begin the online application process.
Please note the following:
- Once the application is started, the system will not allow you to go back to a previous page, you must continue through the entire application.
- Once you have completed and uploaded all required documents, a review page allows you to go back and edit any part of the application.
- Any question or upload with a red asterisk (*) is required.
- When scheduling inspections, please plan at least three to four business days ahead.
- Please note, during the busy construction months longer delays may occur.
Information needed before calling to schedule an inspection:
- Permit number.
- Address for the job site.
- Inspection type.
- If you are the homeowner, the name of contractor doing the work is needed.
- Login to IMS Account and go to your dashboard.
- On your Dashboard, go to My Inspections.
- A list of required inspections can be viewed along with the instructions on how to schedule.
- The permit will not be processed if any of the required submittals are missing.
- If you sell your property a Compliance Inspection needs to be performed by a qualified private septic inspector prior to property sale or transfer of ownership.
- A Compliance Inspection is not the same as a pumping/maintenance report.