Bike Helmet Sales Event
The Blaine Police Department with our safety partners have been holding bike helmet events for the last 18 years. On March 30, the first bike helmet sale and fitting of the year was held at Blaine City Hall. and it was a record setting morning!
- 1,213 people attended the event, the most ever.
- 619 helmets were sold, another record.
- 160 helmets were brought in to be fitted.
The next bike helmet event is Tuesday, May 7 from 5 to 7:30PM at Blaine City Hall. Helmets are available for the whole family and are only $10 each.
As temperatures increase over the next several weeks, the Blaine Police Department would like to remind residents to take the follow precautions as you enjoy the spring season:
1. Always keep doors and windows locked when you go to bed or leave the house, even if you are leaving for a short period.
2. Secure all lawn and gardening equipment in your garage or a storage shed, and keep your garage doors closed at all times, even when you are doing work around the house.
3. Put all ladders and other tools back into a secure storage area after you use them.
4. Be aware of home improvements scams. Individuals conducting door to door sales are required to have a City of Blaine solicitors license. With the license they will have an office badge from the city that they must display.
5. Always remember to close your car windows, take any valuables out of your car, and lock your doors every time you exit your vehicle, even if your vehicle is parked in your driveway.
6. Get to know your neighbors! Let a trusted neighbor know if you are planning to travel this spring. Neighbors who know each other look out for each other.