Holiday Weekend Reminders
The Labor Day holiday weekend is almost here. Heading out of town for the weekend?
Here are a few tips to remember:
- Tell a trusted neighbor or friend where you are headed and how to contact you.
- Ask a neighbor to park in your driveway to help give that at home look.
- Have someone collect your mail or setup a mail hold with the post office instead of letting it sit in the box, unsecured.
- Before pulling out of the driveway, double check that all doors and windows are locked.
- If there are any vehicles not parked in the garage, be sure to remove any valuables and lock the doors.
- If you have an alarm system, be sure the monitoring station has current contact information in the event the system is activated. If it is and only one zone is tripped, it is most likely a false alarm.
- Remember to secure your load if the bed of your truck is full of bikes, coolers, etc. If you are pulling a trailer or camper, remember to check the brake and tail lights, and again, secure any loose cargo.
- Resist the urge to pick up your phone while driving. Remember it is now against the law.
- If you are staying home, keep an eye on the neighborhood for suspicious vehicles and people and report them by calling 9-1-1.
- Enjoy the long weekend, if you don’t have to work, and drive safe.